Friday, January 15, 2010

One last Christmas gift and a refashioned dress

I forgot to post this earlier. Or maybe I only got around to uploading my Christmas picture today. Either way, here it is, better late than never! A paci clip for my little niece Danica. I had made her a few of these when she was born back in August and noticed that they get used alot so I whipped this one up on Christmas Eve. And I can't resist posting this picture of little Danica in her tutu! Isn't she precious?? I could just squeeze those cheeks all day.... and then promply hand her back to mom when she starts fussing! I think being around a baby again has made me realize how happy I am to be past that stage with my own kidlets!

Okay, enough about Christmas! No better way to start the new year off than with a new dress! Last weekend my sister came to visit and brought me a box full of fabric odds and ends from my mom. In there I came across an ever so soft long sleeve t-shirt from Old Navy. White with little yellow butterflies, silver birds, green flowers, and blue crowns. I wish I had taken a before picture, but I got so excited to re-fashion it that I forgot! But it was your basic long sleeve tee, with a round neckline. I took in the sides, shortened and took in the sleeves and added elastic to the neck.  And here's the finished dress modelled by my little Princess!

1 comment: